Carrier Corporation, together with its controlled affiliates ("Carrier" or "we", “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy and data of visitors to its websites and users of its mobile applications. It is important that our users understand how we collect, use and disclose Personal Information and other information that we may collect from them or their Equipment. This Privacy and Data Usage Notice applies to the Abound™ Platform only. Other Carrier services and websites will have separate privacy and/or data usage notices.
The Following Terms Used In This Notice Have The Following Meanings:
- "Apps" means mobile applications that are part of or associated with the Platform.
- "Data Privacy Laws" means applicable laws and regulations relating to Personal Information protection of any country, state, or municipality with jurisdiction to regulate the activity covered by this Notice.
- "Information" means Personal Information as well as Company Information.
- "Modified User Information" means Company Information from the Platform, that a Company combines or connects with Personal Information that is publicly available or that the Company has in its possession, including but not limited to identifiers for individuals.
- "Notice" means this Abound™ Privacy and Data Usage Notice.
- "Personal Information" means information and data exchanged in connection with this Notice that is related to any identified or identifiable natural person or, to the extent of a conflict with applicable law, which is subject to any of the Data Privacy Laws.
- "Platform Components" means any individual component or group of components of the Platform, including but not limited to the Hardware, the Site, and the Apps.
- "Service Providers" means third parties that Carrier has retained to perform services on its behalf, including but not limited to services related to the operation of the Platform, as well as authorized Carrier dealers or service centers.
- "Site" means the Platform web site or sites that Companies utilize to access their Company Information, including but not limited to the Abound Platform.
- "Company" or "You" or "Your" means or refers a person or entity that has purchased or otherwise acquired or that is using some or all of the Platform Components, as well any employees, agents or other persons or entities acting by, through, for, or in concert with that Company.
- "Company Information" means all of the data and information collected, received and/or stored by Carrier during a Company's use of the Platform or any Platform Component.
The Following Terms Used In This Notice Have The Following Meanings:
Carrier collects, uses and processes Your Information in order to provide you with services, products or information that You request.
To become a Company, You must purchase or otherwise acquire the relevant Platform Components. To use the Platform, You must successfully register one or more Users.
To register as a User, Carrier will require that Users provide certain Information, including Personal Information. The following Personal Information is requested for using the Platform:
- First name
- Last name
- Primary telephone number
- Primary email address
In addition, Carrier may also collect Information directly from You, through Your use of the Equipment or other Carrier products and services, including the Platform, from Service Providers, or otherwise with Your consent.
Why Does Carrier Collect Your Information?
Information collected through the Platform, including but not limited to the Site or by the App, may be used by Carrier and/or its Service Providers to:
- Provide requested information, products, items, support or services and related information;
- Improve the Equipment, Platform and other products and services;
- Implement and improve Carrier 's various analytics and data processing platforms that (i) interpret, convert, manipulate and calculate data, (ii) perform data processing, and (iii) deliver data to you, Carrier, and affiliates or suppliers of Carrier;
- Advertise and communicate with You about products, services, promotions and events relating to Carrier;
- Analyze Your use of the Platform and behavior on our Site and Apps;
- Develop new, and improve the quality, performance, operation, reliability, maintainability, safety, and security of existing Equipment, products, services, websites and mobile applications (including the Platform, Site and Apps); Operate the Platform, Site and Apps;
- To create, compile, and/or use datasets and/or statistics for the purposes of benchmarking, development of best practices, and product improvement;
- For research, evaluation of use and troubleshooting purposes;
- Verify Your identity to ensure security for one of the other purposes listed;
- Protect against fraud or investigate suspected or actual illegal activity;
- Conduct investigations to ensure compliance with, and comply with, legal and contractual obligations;
- Screen against sanctions and antiterrorism lists as required by law; or
- Respond to a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities or other government regulators.
Carrier may combine the Information with other information or data that it possesses to accomplish any of the above uses. Where required, we will anonymize your Information in a way that it cannot reasonably be associated with You. We may use such anonymized Information for any legitimate Carrier business purpose.
Where is Information Stored?
The Information will be stored by the Platform or other Carrier servers or by Service Providers with whom Carrier works to transmit, process or store the Information.
Because Carrier is a global company with locations in many different countries, we may transfer Your Information from one legal entity to another or from one country to another within the Carrier group of companies in order to accomplish purposes listed above. These countries include, at a minimum, the United States, the member states of the European Union, Canada, and other countries, including some in Asia. We will transfer Your Personal Information consistent with applicable legal requirements and only to the extent necessary for the purposes set out above.
Carrier relies on available legal mechanisms to enable the legal transfer of Personal Information across borders. To the extent that Carrier relies on the standard contractual clauses (also called the model clauses) or to authorize transfer, Carrier will comply with those requirements, including where there may be a conflict between those requirements and this Notice.
Does Carrier Use Your Information To Contact You?
Carrier or Carrier Service Providers may use the Information You provide to contact You about Carrier products, services, promotions, special offers, surveys and other information which may be of interest to You. These communications with You may be via mail, telephone, e-mail, text message and other electronic messages or via our websites and applications. If You prefer not to receive such communications, please let us know by sending an email to [email protected] Also, Carrier will ensure that any marketing communications sent by electronic means will provide a method for You to opt-out or unsubscribe. Please note that if You unsubscribe from marketing communications, You may continue to receive communications about Your use of the Platform or other transactions with us.
Does Carrier Share The Information It Collects?
Carrier may share Your Information with our affiliated companies, such as companies in Carrier's group of companies, and/or companies in which Carrier has control, through either direct or indirect ownership for the purposes set out above.
Carrier will not sell or otherwise transfer or share Your Information outside of the companies identified above, except to:
- Carrier Service Providers. Carrier will only share Your Personal Information with Service Providers whom Carrier has contractually restricted from using or disclosing that Personal Information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements;
- Comply with legal obligations, such as in response to a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities, courts or other government regulators or authorities, among other things;
- Investigate suspected or actual illegal activity;
- Prevent physical harm or financial loss; or
- Support the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy).
How Can You Correct, Change Or Delete Your Personal Information Held By Carrier?
You may request to access, update, correct, change, or delete Your Personal Information at any time. Carrier will use reasonable efforts to timely update and/or remove Personal Information. To protect Users' privacy and security, Carrier will take steps to verify a User's identity before making any requested change. To access, change, or delete Your Personal Information, please send an email to [email protected] Some portions of the Site or Apps may allow You to make changes directly at the Site or App without need to further contact Carrier.
Please note that while we will assist You in protecting Your Personal Information, it is Your responsibility to protect Your passwords and other Platform (including the Site) access credentials from others.Your Information may also be maintained and processed by our Service Providers in the United States, the member states of the European Union, Canada, Asia, and in other jurisdictions.
How Does Carrier Secure Information?
Carrier is committed to ensuring the security and integrity of Your Information. Carrier has adopted reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard Your Information. However, due to the nature of Internet and mobile communications, we cannot guarantee or warrant that Your transmissions to or from us are secure.
How Is Information Transferred Outside The Platform Secured And Used?
It is possible that You may transfer some or all of Your Information to a temporary or permanent location outside the Platform or authorize Carrier to do so on Your behalf. In the event of such a transfer, the transfer as well as the nature and extent of the storage and use of Your Information following the transfer is at Your sole risk and Carrier makes no representations about the nature and extent of such transfer or subsequent storage and use and shall not be responsible for any losses or damage of any type, arising from, related to or as a consequence of such transfer or subsequent storage and use, including but not limited to data corruption or loss or susceptibility to hacking or other unauthorized third party access.
What Should You Understand About The Third Party Links That May Appear On The Site?
In some instances, Carrier may provide links to non-Carrier controlled websites, which Carrier will make reasonable efforts to identify as such. Carrier does not control such third party websites, however, and cannot be responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other websites.
Furthermore, this Notice does not govern Information collected about You by third parties.
In addition, Carrier may monitor User traffic patterns throughout the Site according to a User's domain name, browser type, date and time of access, and pages viewed. Our Site web servers collect the domain names but not the email addresses of visitors. This information may be collected in order to measure the number of visitors to the Site and to determine which areas of the Site Users find useful based upon the amount of traffic to particular areas. Carrier uses this information to enhance Users' experience at the Site and to better prepare future content based on the interests of Users.
Web beacons. This Site may also use web beacons. A web beacon is usually a pixel on a website that can be used to track whether a user has visited a particular website to deliver targeted advertising. Web beacons are used in combination with cookies, which means that, if You turn off Your browser's cookies, the web beacons will not be able to track Your activity. The web beacon will still count as a website visit, but Your unique information will not be recorded.
Information collected by web beacons may include IP address information (see below). Web beacon information is also used for:
- Advertising and email auditing, and reporting;
- site traffic reporting; and
- unique visitor counts.
An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify Your computer every time You log on to the Internet.
Carrier may collect and keep track of IP addresses to, among other things:
- Maintain Site safety and security;
- Restrict access to the Sites to certain users;
- Troubleshoot technical issues; and
- Better understand how the Site is used.
Carrier may collect information in the form of log files that are recording Site activities and statistics about Users' habits.
Log files are used for internal purposes only. By using log files, Carrier can constantly improve and customize the Site and applications.
The entries help us gather, among other things:
- Internal marketing and demographic studies;
- A User's browser type and operating system;
- Information about a User's session (such as the URL, the date and time the Site was visited and which pages and for how long were viewed on the Site); and
- Other similar navigational or click-stream data.
How Long Does Carrier Keep Your Personal Information?
The Personal Information You provide to Carrier is only kept for as long as it is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, taking into account Carrier 's need to comply with legal and contractual obligations, resolve customer service issues, and provide new or improved services to Users. This means that we may retain Your Personal Information after You have stopped using the Site.
What Additional Information Should Specific Site Users Know?
Parents, guardians, and children. The Site and Apps are intended for visitors who are at least 18 years of age, or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. Carrier does not knowingly solicit Information from, or market products or services to, children. If You do not meet the age requirements set out above, please do not enter Your Personal Information on the Site or Apps.
Company’s & users from California. If you are a resident of California, effective January 1, 2020, you have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), including the right to:
- know what categories of personal information about you we have collected and used, including how the personal information was collected and the purpose for the collection and use;
- know what categories of personal information are being sold or disclosed to third parties and, if sold or disclosed, the categories of third parties receiving it;
- access specific personal information collected about you;
- request that your personal information be deleted.
Requests to exercise rights under the CCPA are subject to verification by Carrier and are also subject to certain restrictions provided by the CCPA. We will not discriminate against California residents for exercising any of their applicable CCPA rights. While California residents have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information under CCPA, Carrier does not sell personal information to third parties. If our practices change, we will update this Privacy Notice and take any necessary action to comply with applicable law.
California residents who wish to exercise their CCPA rights can contact Carrier at [email protected] or use the webform located here. You can also contact us at 1-833-617-0050. When contacting us to exercise your rights, please put “California Privacy Rights” in the subject and body of your request and describe the nature of your request.
Annually California residents may request and obtain information that Carrier shared with other businesses for their own direct marketing use within the prior calendar year (as defined by California’s “Shine the Light Law”). If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of Personal Information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which Carrier shared this information in the immediately preceding calendar year. To obtain this information, please send an email message to [email protected] with “California Shine the Light Privacy Request” in the subject line as well as in the body of your message.
Company’s & users from the EU. You have the right to lodge a complaint with Your national or state data protection authority, which may also be known as a supervisory authority. You also have the right to: (i) request access to and correction or - under certain circumstances - erasure of Your Personal Information; (ii) seek restrictions on; or (iii) object to the processing of certain Personal Information, and (iv) seek data portability under certain circumstances. To contact Carrier about a request to access, correct, erase, object or seek restrictions or portability, please use the contact methods indicated at the end of this Notice.
How Might Carrier Change This Notice?
As Carrier expands and improves the Platform, we may need to update the Notice. The Notice may be modified from time to time without prior notice to You. We encourage You to review this Notice at the following link on a regular basis for any changes: the Abound Platform.
How Can You Contact Carrier?
If You have any comments or questions about this Notice or the Platform, wish to obtain information on the manner in which we or our Service Providers treat Your Information, or wish to execute Your rights related to Your Personal Information, please send an email to [email protected].